Saturday 1 September 2012

August Bellabox

The theme for the August Bellabox was 'Go Green' and it contained lots of great natural products that I couldn't wait to try. There were a couple of 'meh' products for me in this one but I still had lots of fun trying out all my new samples!



LUK Beautiful Lip Nourish
3g $24.95 available at bellabox.com.au


What they say:
Did you know that some women consume up to 2kg of lipstick in a lifetime? If you love lip products but care about what you put on your pout, you'll love being one of the first to try this hot-from-the-lab product (it's not even in stores yet, hence no labels!) made from a 100% natural, edible and food active recipe. Your pout will be onto a winner with Tangerine and Vanilla flavour.

What I say:
I like the concept of this product. It wears like a smooth creamy lip-stick (not a balm or a gloss) with a semi-sheer colour. I can smell the tangerine but it's not an overpowering scent or anything. This one was a little bit of a let down for me as I can't wear it because I just don't like how the colour looks like on me. It is a really dark brown and I don't know if it is because of my complexion or style but when I wear it on my lips it just looks dirty. I can see why they chose this colour for the samples though, it is very neutral, just doesn't work for me. I will be keeping an eye on the development of this product and hopefully the release of some more suitable colours!

Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
225g $29.95 available at Lush stores nationally and at lush.com.au


What they say:
2012 Winner of the Australian Business Awards for Best New Product, use this ingenious product just like a hair conditioner...except it's for your body! Apply all over right after showering to feel thoroughly deoderised, moisturised and smelling like sweet rose and lemon.

What I say:
I have heard quite a bit of hype about this product and it caught my attention in store knowing the benefits of Argan oil for skin and hair. I was a little bit disappointed to see Argan oil half way through the ingredients list, considering it is in the name of the product. This smells really strong and it even gave me a little bit of a headache when I was putting it on and wearing it throughout the day so if you are into fragrance-free products then this is not for you! It smells like that strong organic soapy smell you get when you walk into lush with notes of rose. I find it hard to spread around because my skin just laps it up immediately which I suppose is a good thing and I was trying to use it sparingly as I was given a small sample tub. My legs stay super smooth and moisturised after using this so it is definitely effective as a body butter, and a nice option to go for if you don't want a shimmer which a lot of body moisturisers seem to have these days. 

Phytocare Daily C
30 sachets x 3.7g $17.80 available at phytocare.com.au


What they say:
Phytocare are back at bb with their Vitamin C Powder, individually packaged in convenient daily sachets containing a mix of essential nutrients. Feel good on the inside and out with these Citrus Burst supplements, free of sugar and with no artificial, colours, flavours or preservatives.

What I say:
I haven't tried these yet as I have decided that I am going to save these for when I am sick because they seem like a good, natural thing to take if you are feeling under the weather might be getting ill soon.

Emerginc Phytocell Detox Mask
50ml $70 available at bellabox.com.au


What they say:
Pure, potent and cosmeceutical, emerginC products are formulated and tested by a team of experienced doctors and chemists. To achieve glow, the green-clay based Phytocell Detox Mask will remove impurities in 10-15 mins!

What I say:
I thought that this wasn't a big enough sample as I couldn't cover my entire face in a layer of the clay so I settled for a blotchy mask application. I think that samples like this need to be more than one use especially if the full sized product is $70 because you are going to need to use it more than once to get a good feel of it! On the plus side, despite my face not being fully covered, when I was washing it off I kept rinsing and rinsing because my face felt like it still had the mask on. I looked up in the mirror to see my face was clean and when I dried it off I was amazed at how my skin felt smooth and rubbery. With repeated use 1-3 times a week as is recommended I could only imagine how your skin might begin to feel. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this is one mud mask I won't be going for simply due to the painful price tag!

Be in Awe Skincare
Nirvaata Calming Serum $69, Amala Clearing Serum $79


What they say:
If you are yet to try serums, your skin is missing out! Perfect for itchy skin conditions and for use after skin irritation treatments the nirvaata Calming Serum soothes with anti-inflammatory ingredients. For oily skin try the amala Clearing Serum, designed to gently treat sebum build up by addressing four major factors of acne formation.

What I say:
Im going to save the calming serum for the next time I get sunburnt. I have been using the clearing serum as a spot treatment for pimples that come up big or small. I have had a couple and have put this on before going to bed at night to wake up and see a very significant reduction in the pimple! The only thing that is left behind is a little bit of redness from when I had been prodding and poking it the day before. Depending on the severity of acne, it might take a few more days to work completely but I would say this is an effective little treatment! It smells like citrus and tea-tree oil which I don't particularly like but I don't smell it for very long after it dries on my skin. 

Wotnot Facial Wipes
Pack of 25 $7.95 available at bellabox.com.au


What they say:
What is not to love about Wotnot Facial Wipes? Made with 100% natural fibres and enriched with certified organic aloe vera, sweet almond oil and rosehip oil use to remove make-up and refresh skin. Also kind to the earth, these wipes are 100% biodegradable. 

What I say:
These are thin, soft and stretchy. I was glad to receive these because I am running out of make-up wipes and I use them a lot. It is good to know that these are 100% biodegradable so I can be sure that they won't be sitting around in a rubbish dump for hundreds of years like plastic bags. Effective and easy to use without being too wet.

USPA Wheatgrass Solar Energy Leave-in Serum
150ml $32 please direct enquiries to Uspa on 0397936929


What they say:
A leave-in serum that utilises the unique properties of wheatgrass, silicone, glycerine and essential oils to preserve and protect colour treated hair. It also serves as a superior styling aid my minimising frizz, maintaining smoothness and offering extra protection for heat styling.

What I say:
This seemed like the perfect product for me as my hair is very frizzy and is always in need of some taming. This made my hair feel really heavy and it took forever for my hair to dry with it. It is more like a conditioner/butter than a serum. The shape of the sample pot made it quite difficult to get most of it out too. :-(


So thats my Bellabox for this month. Was yours the same? Have you tried any of these products and disagree with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, comments and feedback are always deeply appreciated, but please refrain from spam, follow for follow comments etc.