Sunday 9 September 2012

Kimmy's Bubblegum Cocktail

I 'discovered' this drink when I was at a night club a few years ago and I asked the barkeep to 'make me something nice'. I was very pleasantly surprised. Since that night, I have pursued the exact recipe for the drink that this bartender made me with little success until I gave up and made something of my own (I think it is pretty close!). Introducing, Kimmy's Bubblegum Cocktail!


This one is super easy to make because all you have to do is throw all the ingredients into a shaker together, shake it up and pour into a glass. The complications only come if you want to decorate and serve properly... which I think is the fun part of making cocktails, like decorating the icing on cupcakes!

What you will need:


Cherry Advokaat: 60ml, Southern Comfort: 30ml, Grenadine: 10ml (or a splash), Banana Liquer: 20ml, Milk.

A step by step:

1. Have a previously chilled glass in the fridge or put some ice in one and leave to the side as you make the drink.
2. Measure up the ingredients and tip into a cocktail/milkshake shaker, top up with milk and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds. 
3. I used some extra cherry advokaat and splashed it around the glass to decorate my drink as you can see in the picture above before pouring in the mixture (optional).
4. Pour the drink into your chilled glass, garnish with banana, strawberry or anything else you like and enjoy!


This time, I used ordinary Hi-Lo milk. I wouldn't recommend skim milk for this. Full cream or lactose-free varieties work best because they are generally sweeter. If you are worried about dieting and losing weight then you shouldn't be drinking cocktails anyway so you may as well go all out if you decide to try this one! I haven't tried any other milks but you could try soy, almond or other varieties and let me know what they are like.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, comments and feedback are always deeply appreciated, but please refrain from spam, follow for follow comments etc.